- Silicon Valley executives are among the richest people on the planet.
- They are also among the most famous, and can become a lightning rod for public anger.
- They spend millions on security measures: hiring armed bodyguards, installing bulletproof panels in their offices, and installing rumored escape passages.
- Scroll on to see how much the likes of Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos spend on security.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Silicon Valley contains a high concentration of the world’s richest tech billionaires, many of whom spend huge amounts on personal security measures.
Public filings can give us some insight into how much tech moguls spend on security, as their companies shell out millions to keep their executives safe, sometimes by buying them commodities like private planes.
Public records are just the tip of the iceberg, as Silicon Valley’s richest can supplement their security costs out of their own (considerably deep) pockets.
Here, in ascending order, is how much tech’s C-suite stars spend on security.