Popular UPI and payments app Google Pay and online travel company MakeMyTrip have partnered to offer discounts on
Google Pay currently has three offers running and all the offers give an instant discount on flight tickets. Additionally, users will be able to avail an additional discount of up to ₹1,000 if they pay using UPI.
What are the discount offers?
Flat ₹400 off
If you are booking more than one flight ticket or a round trip ticket, you can avail this offer. Under this, you can get an instant discount of ₹400. All you have to do is apply the code ‘MMTSPOT’ while booking your ticket.
Instant 8% discount up to ₹2,500
This offer allows users to avail an instant discount of 8% on flight tickets. This offer can be applied on a minimum of one ticket. The discount is capped at ₹2,500 per user. To use this offer, apply the code ‘MMTGPAYFEST’.
Instant 3% discount up to ₹1,500
If you are booking multiple tickets and have already availed the ₹2,500 discount, you can opt for the 3% discount offer. Under this, you can avail a 3% discount on your flight tickets. The discount is capped at ₹1,500 per user.
Instant discount up to 1,000
Apart from the above discounts, users can avail an additional discount of ₹1,000 if they pay using UPI while booking the tickets.
How to book tickets using Google Pay
- Open Google Pay app on your smartphone.
- Go to the ‘Business’ section and click on ‘MakeMyTrip’.
- Now, choose if you want to book a one-way ticket or round-trip ticket.
- Select the city from where you want to board the flight and your destination.
- Select the departure date and if you are booking a round-trip ticket, also select the return date.
- Select the number of passengers and the class you want.
- Now, click on ‘Search Flights’.
- Go through the options and select the flight you want to take.
- Now, look at the available offers and select the one that gives you the most discount.
- Click on ‘Continue’ and enter the required details.